“Other” MOPS activities we’ve done (in no particular order). We have tried doing several “4th Wednesday” activities throughout our typical MOPS year for the last 2 years, and are trying a couple of extra events over the summer starting this year. These are done with our kids, or they’re in the next room and we split in half for child care, switching half way through. Food making events we ask for funds to cover or mostly cover the cost of ingredients. Recipes available, if I don’t get them posted for food making events. Check the Recipes tab. Some handouts for activities (like Jam-n-Can) also available.
1) Nature hike at the local Audobon
2) Play dates at various local playgrounds or homes.
3) Make ahead meals- Lasagna and Stromboli/Calzones (Pizza and Ham & Cheese)
4) Make ahead meals second round- Stuffed shells and Chicken Divine.
5) Food with our kids- fruit creatures and s’mores in a bag
6) Healthy snacks with/for kids- A cheese ball, a granola bar, a fruit dip, and smoothies
7) Kids story time with a guest reader (and mom chat time!)
8 ) Kids movie day and crochet/knit refresher/social time for moms
9) ZUMBA (one of our moms is an instructor and was willing to lead it for us)
10) Strawberry Jam-n-can (bring your own berries, learn how to make jam and hot water bath can it, and take home 4 pint jars!)
11) Make ahead meals round 3- tatertot casserole and chicken, broccoli, and cheese crescent roll logs.
There are also a few projects we’ve tried over the semester or year (the recipe shares and kids activity booklets).
1) Recipe shares (Bring 3 main dish recipes that kids will eat, choose a cooking utensil for bringing them)
2) Kids inside activity ideas booklet- handed out in January after Christmas but before outside can be used much!